Melissa Kaylene: 15 Reasons Why You Should Respect Your Feet (and excuses to have a pedicure!)
Image Map

Monday, November 3, 2014

15 Reasons Why You Should Respect Your Feet (and excuses to have a pedicure!)

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

I have always been the kind of person that has to have painted toenails and a pretty pedicure for my feet. I'm that kind of girl that shows my feet off approximately oh, 49 weeks of the year in my flip flops. I only have a few exceptions, like snow, 5 degree weather, when I'm working, or when I'm exercising. 

Yes, I know I'm slightly weird. ;)

Even as a kid I can recall running around everywhere barefoot - quite the opposite from my sister, who always laced up to venture outside and play. I guess I've always been that dare-devil, care-free, wild-spirited girl all along.

#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

Often times I will pay a visit to the salon and get a pedicure there, but sometimes I don't have the extra time or money to do that, and sometimes my feet start looking bad in between visits, so I like to pamper myself a little bit and give myself a pedicure at home. I like to do it after I've taken a bath or a shower, then I can put my bathrobe on and a face mask at the same time. I then will soak my feet in a foot bath, and then use my foot file to remove any extra dead skin off of my heels (I know, it's gross!) I then trim my nails and cuticles and finish up with some nail polish. I used to use a manual foot file, but last week I found a new gadget while I was shopping at Target. It's called a Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot File from AmopĂ©, and it was in the foot care aisle. I bought it along with their Daily Moisturizer For Feet because it intrigued me so much. 


#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas
#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

Let me tell ya, it was amazing! I will never go back to a manual foot file again! It was very easy to use, it even had batteries included. I even got brave and had Wayne soak his feet so I could try my new gadget out on his feet (which I think haven't seen a file in YEARS)...and it helped them so much! 

#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas
#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas
#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

I believe we should all love and respect our feet - treat them good, and take care of them well. After all, they are a pretty important part of our body. In fact, so important that I've came up with 15 Reasons why you should respect your feet and treat them right!

1. They get you from place to place everyday.
2. Each foot has 26 bones in it - for a grand total of 52 in a pair. That's a quarter of your entire body's bones!
3. Most likely if you'e a lady, your poor tootsies get tortured in some kind of a high heel. 
4. Respect them because of their uniqueness. No two feet are alike, and it's rare that both of yours are even the same size!

#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

5. Sometimes back pain actually originates from foot problems. 
6. They keep us moving - on average 10,000 steps a day!
7. Your pair of feet have 66 joints in them.
8. They hold up a lot of pressure when you stand on them - up to 4 times your weight when you run.
9. Your feet mirror your health. Often times conditions like diabetes, arthritis and nerve disorders show up in your feet first.

#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

10. They are pretty popular, even Socrates quoted them: "When our feet hurt, we hurt all over."
11. Your feet feel so much better when they are soft and taken care of...who wants that scratchy feeling when you put your socks on?
12. They sweat - a lot. (that's probably why I prefer mine to be open to air). Each foot has something like 250,000 sweat glands, and when we wear shoes all of the time we inhibit the process of sweating. 
13. They each leave a special footprint. Like our hands, no two foot prints are alike. How cool is that?
14. The skin on the soles of your feet is the thickest part of skin on your body
15. They aren't just for walking - they're handy too. I don't know about you, but my feet are also useful for picking up random things off the ground. Why not?

#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas
#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

 Check out the new Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot File and Daily Moisturizer from AmopĂ©, and let me know what you think! There's also a couple of deals happening at Target, so make sure you check them out before you go!



#respecturfeet #shop pedicure ideas

Thanks #CollectiveBias and #RespectURFeet for letting me share my fun tips today!

~Melissa

11 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out- it's got to be better than trying to balance and at the same time have the pressure to rub with a pumice stone in the shower! My feet got a little wrecked wearing heels for my sister's wedding in mid October but I need to get them back into gear for showing off in Vegas in 10 days after hiding them in socks since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a pumice stone too! Maybe I'll have to give this a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too use my toes to pick up all kinds of things! I will have to check out this gadget, I go waaaay too long between pedis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 250,000 sweat glands? That I did not need to know ;) I can only imagine what's in all that dead skin that comes off with a file. I want it gone now! #client

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew feet were so interesting?! Good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to make a trip to Target! I am guilty of being pretty hard on my feet and walking around barefoot..oops! Great post.
    Sarah
    http://coffeeandglitter14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Pediperfect looks interesting. My feet are rough. I started using a great cream, but I still need a way to get rid of the excess skin.

    Thank you for linking up with Creative Style Linkup! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like to soak mine in a vinegar water bath - it seems to help with softening up the dead skin. I haven't indulged in a home pedicure in a while - I managed to get a toenail infection without ever going for a pedicure. Probably from my old job where I would spend up to 14 hours a day on my feet - in the same shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reasons to respect our feet! I also prefer to be barefoot or in flip-flops, but I never really take the time to pamper my tootsies. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete