Thank you to Foster Farms® Simply Raised, locally grown in the Pacific Northwest, for sponsoring this post!
These days lately dinner is on the go at least half of the time – so I’ve been cooking up things that we can eat on the go together as a family or bring with us to whatever event we are attending (usually soccer right now!). Even though we aren’t actually sitting down at the dinner table every night like it should be in an ideal world, at least we are still eating together, and it’s homemade.
One of the recipes I made lately one I’m calling Caramelized Chicken Kaiser Roll Sandwiches. They have baked pineapple, Walla Walla onions, fresh Mozzarella cheese, bacon (free of any nitrates), and a quick homemade marinade that is baked with Foster Farms Simple Raised (without antibiotics) chicken breasts. I love Foster Farms products because they have been producing locally grown poultry since it was founded 76 years ago, and it remains a family-owned company today. Foster Farms is delivered fresh from local ranches in 48 hours or less! They also work with 32 family farmers in Washington and Oregon who raise locally grown chicken, and I love knowing that what I’m purchasing is helping local farms and families in the Pacific Northwest while mine is enjoying a quick meal together as well. All Foster Farms fresh chicken products are American Humane Certified.
Here’s what you need to create these tasty sandwiches for yourself – the recipe I created makes four large sandwiches.
Caramelized Chicken Kaiser Roll Sandwiches
What you need:
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons avocado oil (or similar oil of preference)
½ cup brown sugar
4 halves of Foster Farm chicken breasts
2 cups sliced fresh pineapple
1 large Walla Walla onion, sliced
¼ t. salt
¼ t. black pepper
1 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. ketchup
Butter crunch lettuce
Fresh mozzarella cheese
4 Kaiser Rolls
8 ounces bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Placed chicken breasts between parchment paper and tenderize using meat tenderizer (a hammer will do the trick too) until chicken is approximately ½ in thick.
- Place chicken in a 9X13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ketchup, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil. Whisk until combined.
- Pour over the chicken. Add pineapples to dish and top with onion slices.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Remove foil, baste chicken, and cook for an additional 15 minutes without foil.
7. Cook bacon thoroughly and set aside.
8. Place chicken breasts on Kaiser Rolls, top with mozzarella cheese and onions, then place on a
cookie sheet under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and begins to brown. Remove and add
bacon, and pineapple. Pour any remaining sauce from the chicken on top, and then add butter
9. Add any additional condiments if desired.
Do you make meals to take on the road with you to your children’s sporting events, etc.? (Please tell me I’m not the only one!) What kinds of things work best for you to pack for dinner?
If you’d like to learn more about Foster Farms’ products, check out their website HERE.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.