November is just around the corner which means Thanksgiving and the beginning of the busy holiday season. I absolutely adore this time of the year because it brings out the joy and love between everyone. It also happens to bring out pretty decorations, good food, and comfy clothes. What more could I ask for? ;)
I've been thinking about this little challenge for myself...everyday in November I will think of something I am thankful for in the morning. We are often rushing around in a hurry and forget to think about all of the little things we take for granted. I challenge you to create your own "30 Day's" list and post it on your bathroom mirror, fridge, or where ever you look at every morning. Remember, the more positive we think, the more positive we become.
30 Days to be Thankful
1. Family. They will always be my number one. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today.
2. Health. We really take this one for granted until something goes wrong. Remember to take care of your body the best that you can...this is the only one we get!
3. Freedom. We are so lucky to live in a world, in a time, where we can have freedom. We can choose our own destiny. Yes, there may be obstacles, but we always have a choice.
4. Love. I get busy. We all do. I'm thankful for love. I need to tell more people that I love them. It really isn't a scary word. :)
5. Our Planet. How awesome is this world we live in? Out of the entire solar system, the Earth is the only planet that is just perfect. I love the changing of the seasons, the ocean, trees, fresh air. It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I'm thankful to just take a walk and enjoy it.
6. Children. Have you ever just played with a child, or went on an 'adventure' with them? Everything is so new, so fresh, so exciting to them. I remember laying in the grass, just watching ants for fun. :) Try to look through the eyes of a child and you might just find out how fascinating life really is.
7. Food. Good Food. I used to be stuck in the middle of a completely processed diet. I never tried anything new and exotic. (And by exotic I mean fresh food mixed together in ways I thought was odd ;) ). A few years ago I decided to be brave. There are a few things I still won't try (raw meat is one I can think of)...but sometimes the simplest of foods when prepared correctly are the most delicious.
Simple and Delicious Stuffed Date Appetizer
8. Friends. What would we do without our true friends? I am grateful for my friends I consider family. The people who are there for you, no matter what. Here's 10 Ways I Know I Have a True Friend ;)
9. Photographs. I LOVE pictures. It's how I remember things. I love to see how things, people, and places change over time.
10. My Home. It's not big. It's not fancy. But its mine. How many people are there out there in the world that aren't as fortunate?
11. Technology. Seriously. I don't think I would have fared to well in horse and buggy days. I like my car, dishwasher, washer, dryer, microwave. All those things we take for granted that were non-existent not that long ago!
12. My Career. I know that I will always have a good career to fall back on, if we need extra money or my husband gets laid off. I can always find work that will cover our living expenses.
13. Sorrow. Yes, this one may sound odd, but think about it. Without sorrow, how would we comprehend the extent of our happiness? How would we express our other emotions without it?
14. Creativity. It lets us express ourselves in other ways. Watching a creative mind in action is the most amazing thing of all. Without creativity what would we have?
15. -------> can I be self absorbed and put Makeup in here? I love makeup. No reason. I'm just thankful for it.
16. Memories. I think second to family these are my most favorite. I choose to remember only the good ones. Makes life so much more fulfilling.
17. Trees. They give us shelter, paper, fruit, oxygen, and so much more.
18. Rainbows. Aren't they amazing? I am in awe of the colors created and how exactly they are made.
19. Language. It's how we communicate, how we express ourselves. Without it, we wouldn't have movies, books, newspapers, blogs.
20. Schedules. Don't get me wrong, I love free time. But without schedules and time, things wouldn't happen! The world revolves around it, and it's gotten us where we are today.
21. Holidays. With our schedules, we sometimes forget the importance of family and friends. Holidays help remind us as we all join in celebration together and spend quality time together.
22. Change. Its scary sometimes. Sometimes it puts us out of our comfort zone. But I'm thankful for change. Without it there would never be any progress.
23. The 5 Senses. It goes along with our health - we take them for granted. What would our world be like if we couldn't smell anything? Feel anything? Taste anything? See anything? Hear anything?
24. Inspiration. This goes hand in hand with creativity. But different things inspire different people. In fact, these are the things that made me what to start a blog, and my blogs motto is "Creating.Simplifying.Inspiring."
25. Kindness. Especially random acts of kindness. Little pieces add up. What if everyone made it a point to do one kind thing to someone else every week, every day, with nothing expected in return. If everyone did this, how much better could life be?
26. Chocolate. Coffee. And Wine. And Cheese. And no, these do not fit under the food category - these are something I am grateful for every week :)
27. Goals. I love them. They help me stay focused. I'm thankful for these so much.
28. Individuality. We are not all the same. Some of us are blessed in different ways, with different abilities. Just because someone is not like you or societies perception of normal - doesn't make them any less than you.
29. My husband. Without him, my eyes may have never been fully opened to see the finer things life has to offer and beauty in it all.
30. Life. I am thankful to have been blessed with an opportunity to live. What is your definition of living? If you aren't fulling your definition, I think its time to start living. We only live once. Make it count!