Melissa Kaylene: Living Locally: I Love Lucy® Live on Stage!
Image Map

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Living Locally: I Love Lucy® Live on Stage!

I Love Lucy Live On Stage in Portland, Oregon
Photo via
Two months ago I attended my first Broadway performance and quickly fell in love with it! I have attended two performances now and am really looking forward to the next show that will be at the Keller Auditorium April 7-12th - " I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE". 

I Love Lucy® has been one of my favorite television shows since I was a young kid, so much in fact that I probably drove my mother crazy with all of my re-run watching! Seeing I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE will be so much fun and I'm really excited to see how the show is transformed into a stage performance. 

Here's more information for you, because I know you're interested in attending!


U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland is pleased to announce the Portland premiere of I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE, the brand-new hit stage show adapted from the most beloved program in television history.  The national tour will play Keller Auditorium from April 7 – 12, 2015.

I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE is the brand-new hit stage show adapted from the most beloved program in television history! America’s favorite foursome – Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel – is live on stage and in color for the very first time!

Thea Brooks and Euriamis Losada lead the company as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, with Kevin Remington and Lori Hammel playing Fred and Ethel Mertz, the Ricardo’s loveable landlords and sidekicks. The cast also includes Sara Jayne BlackmoreSarah Elizabeth CombsGregory FranklinJody MadarasCarlos MartinDenise MosesCindy SciaccaKami Seymour, Richard Strimer and Mark Christopher Tracy.

An “out-of-body experience for ‘Lucy’ fans” according to Showbiz Chicago. I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE takes audience members back to 1952 as members of the Desilu Playhouse studio audience where they await the filming of two hilarious and oh-so-familiar I LOVE LUCY® episodes, “The Benefit” and “Lucy Has Her Eyes Examined.” A charming host entertains and enlightens the crowd to the behind-the-scenes filming process of a brand new thing called “television,” the Crystal tone Singers perform advertising jingles in perfect 50's style harmony and the sidesplitting antics of America’s favorite foursome – Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel.  It’s a one-of-a-kind theatrical experience TV Guide’s William Keck calls “the most entertaining stage production I've seen in years – including Broadway!” 

I Love Lucy Live On Stage in Portland, Oregon
Photo via

The iconic hit sitcom I LOVE LUCY® originally aired on CBS from 1951 – 1957 for a total of six seasons and 179 episodes and is widely considered to be one of the most popular programs in the history of television. Due in no small part to its relatable characters, sharp comedic writing and Lucille Ball’s signature zany charm, the show continues to endear new audiences with every passing generation. The program was a technical trailblazer, pioneering the multi-camera shooting technique (still employed by the majority of traditional sitcoms to this day) and the use of 35mm film for the capture of a weekly, 30-minute scripted television program (which made possible the re-airing of episodes at a later date, what we now know as “reruns”). In September 2012, I LOVE LUCY® was named the “Best TV Show Of All Time” and the “Greatest TV Comedy” by People Magazine and ABC’s "20/20" special "Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time."

I Love Lucy Live On Stage in Portland, Oregon
Photo via

I LOVE LUCY® LIVE ON STAGE had its world premiere in Los Angeles at the Greenway Court Theatre from October 2011 – February 2012. A subsequent Chicago production was launched that played two engagements at the Broadway Playhouse, September 2012 – March 2013. The national tour visited cities including Toronto, Boston, Philadelphia, Nashville and Costa Mesa.

The show is produced by Stephen Kahn (executive producer), David George (executive producer), Allan Williams (executive producer),Jeff Davis (executive producer), Dede Harris, Sharon KarmizanHyra George, Kim Flagg, Barbara AlpertSophie and Alan Alpert,Neil HoffmanNancy AlpertTeri Alpert and David Carpenter (associate producer), under license from CBS Consumer Products.

Lucy-Logo-(Low-Res)

TICKET AND PERFORMANCE INFORMATION


April 7 – 12, 2015  |  Keller Auditorium, SW 3rd & Clay

Tuesday, April 7 |  7:30pm
Wednesday, April 8  |  7:30pm
Thursday, April 9  |  7:30pm
Friday, April 10 |  7:30pm
Saturday, April 11 |  2:00pm and 7:30pm
Sunday, April 12   1:00pm and 6:30pm

For information on ADA seating, please call the Portland Opera Box Office at 503-241-1802 or email boxoffice@portlandopera.org
Tickets can be purchased:
www.BroadwayInPortland.com
Portland Opera Box Office: 503- 241-1802 or toll free at 866-739-6737
Portland’5 Box Office: 800-273-1530, All TicketsWest locations

U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland is a partnership between Portland Opera and Broadway Across America.

~Melissa

1 comment: