I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Can you believe that Christmas is just a few short days away? This year we aren’t having any guests over and it will just be the five of us here, however in year’s past we’ve had friends and family stay with us over the holidays, and even though I’m going to have a house full of hustle and bustle this year, I’m going to appreciate the time spent together with just us and the kids.
If you are going to have a house full of guests this next week, you are probably in full preparation mode, making sure the pantry is stocked and towels are washed. I think that it doesn’t take a lot to make guests happy, you just a few holiday necessities that can be easily created and purchased. Here are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind to stock up this next week:
1. Lots of good snacks - it’s the holiday season! Keep your pantry stocked with tasty morsels to keep everyone’s stomach happy.
2. Games and activities - make sure you dust off the board games and make a quick plan of ideas for activities that you can do to ensure everyone has something fun to do.
3. Kleenex - when you are reuniting with family you are sure to have lots of fun and memorable stories come up. Make sure you have lots of Kleenex® on hand in case there are some tears of joy. (The Kleenex® Holiday Oval is the perfect tissue to always have on hand throughout the holidays!)
4. A stocked up bathroom - with many extra people in the house, it’s important to have the bathroom fully stocked with extra toilet paper, hand towels, and air freshener. Scott® has a great deal at Walmart where you can get 1100 sheets instead of the normal 1000 package.
5. Paper towels - lots of snacks = lots of messes. It’s great to have extra paper towels so that guests can easily clean things up themselves. Viva® Paper Towels are amazing because they are durable and have a cloth like texture that can handle wet or dry messes.
Whether you are cooking together, baking treats, creating ornaments, or playing games, I hope that you have an amazing time with your guests this next week. Remember, don’t sweat the small stuff, take a deep breath, and appreciate the opportunity!
Are there any other things that you can think of to stock up on before guests arrive? I’d love to hear! Comment below!
Are you ready to stock up on holiday essentials for your home? Be sure to check out the Ibotta app where you can find great deals at your local Walmart on all Kleenex, Viva, Scott and Cottonelle products. With the Ibotta app, you can get:
- $1 off Cottonelle 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Scott 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Viva 6-ct or larger
- Buy two products and get an extra dollar back
Happy Holidays my friends!