This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Bakeinthefun #CollectiveBias
This last weekend was...kind of crazy. The kids have been rather short tempered and tried my patience at times. I’m not sure if it’s just a change in the weather (gloomy days outside), anticipation of all of the holiday activities, or what, but I knew somehow, someway, I needed to get them to change. We went and picked out our tree - that didn’t help. We got two children to agree on a tree, the other didn’t like it. We went and watched a tree lighting ceremony in our small town, and barely made it in time because they played around at dinner time. I was exhausted.
Finally, I turned up the Christmas music, and gave up. I brought out the dessert I made for this weekend anyways: a Joyous white peppermint ice cream cake made with Pillsbury™ Funfetti® cake with vanilla ice cream with crushed M&M's® White Peppermint candies . I figured, if you can’t beat them, join them, right? Sometimes it’s just better to get through the rough times by celebrating life anyways. I tried to sit back and focus on my blessings, rather than my frustrations.
We sat down and sliced up the ice cream cake, poured some milk - and started talking. We talked about past Christmases - like where we bought our trees and which place was our favorite. We talked about how the holidays were when I was a kid, and what everyone’s favorite parts of the holidays were.
Sometimes, small celebrations like enjoying cake made with love can bring everyone together and make a good memory. I hope the kids will look back one day after they are grown and smile.
And I am grateful. I know that not every child out there can eat treats, or even drink milk on a regular basis. There are hungry children and families in every community and it breaks my heart. Unlike a lot of foods, milk isn’t typically donated to food banks - even though it’s in high demand. Right now, for a small donation at pourmilklove.com the Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk to a family in need in YOUR community. Right now, when you purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz. bags or larger) for your holiday baking, up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive.Holiday #BakeInTheFun
Below is my recipe for the White Peppermint Ice Cream cake, but there are also bunch more fun recipes online as well! Select influencers are currently competing to win a kitchen makeover, and by voting on your favorite photo, you are entered in a drawing to win one of eight KitchenAid® mixers.
What you need:
For the cake:
2 boxes of Pillsbury™ Funfetti® cake mix
2 containers of Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vanilla frosting
8 egg whites (per cake mix instructions)
1 cup of oil (per cake mix instructions)
1 ½ cups of water
1 package of M&M's® White Peppermint candies for decoration
Coconut, if desired
For the ice cream:
2 quarts of half and half
½ pint heavy cream
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
4 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 package of M&M's® White Peppermint candies
For the topper:
1 cup of white chocolate bark
M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
Icing (use leftover Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vanilla frosting
1. Bake the cakes per the instructions found on the back of the box and place into 8” round pans. You should make a total of 4 cakes. Cool on wire racks until room temperature.
2. You can either make the ice cream in your ice cream maker, or if you are rushed for time buy a good quality vanilla ice cream. If making your own ice cream, add all ingredients into your ice cream maker and churn until done. Mix in crushed M&M's® White Peppermint candies by hand when finished.
3. After the cakes are completely cooled, level each layer with a cake leveler or large knife.
4. Begin assembling the cake. Place the first layer on your cake stand, then top with a thin layer of icing. Scoop ice cream onto the cake evenly. Continue to do this until all four layers of cake are assembled. If need be, place the cake into the freezer halfway through to firm up.
5. Using an icing bag pipe frosting onto the sides of the cake and then gently pat on the sprinkles which come with the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vanilla frosting. Press additional M&M's® White Peppermint candies into the ice cream layers. Top with coconut if desired. Place in freezer until ready to serve.
6. To make the JOY topper, melt the white chocolate bark over low heat on the stove. Add coloring if desired. Pipe letters onto parchment paper and place in the refrigerator until chilled. Remove from the refrigerator and pipe a layer of green frosting on top of each letter and then press green M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate candies on top of the frosting.
When your household gets crazy what do you do? What tips and tricks do you have to bring back the peace?
Check out this website for more fun holiday baking ideas!
Join Feeding America in The Great American Milk Drive, the first-ever national program to help deliver highly desired and nutrient-rich gallons of milk to hungry families who need it most. Log onto milklife.com/give to learn about the need for more nutritious foods in America's food banks and how your small donation can make a big impact.