Melissa Kaylene: A Day Out
Image Map

Friday, February 21, 2014

A Day Out


Life gets busy and as a mom I feel like I'm constantly cleaning, helping with homework, and cooking for my family. I'm not complaining, but I've learned that every once in a while getting a little break really helps you appreciate what you have. 

Today I had a girl's day with one of my best friends and drove to Tigard and did some shopping at the Washington Square Mall. She is spending the weekend with her boyfriend at Cannon Beach and we *think* ;) he might just pop THE question. So of course, we had to make sure she had the perfect outfit for their dinner date and the evening after. 


We took a shopping break and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, where I ate a delicious salad  and sipped on a Blueberry Mojito. After lunch we finished our shopping and then headed over to get manicures and pedicures.



The older I get the more I realize that it truly is the little things that make a difference. Little luxuries make life worth living. This evening I returned home with pizza for the family and we all ate in the living room and watched a movie.



What are some things you do to unwind and relax? How often do you get a break?

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment