5 Reasons Why You Should Take Your Kids to the Park!
I know your kids don't need any reasons or excuses to head over to the swing set - but many parents dread or even fear taking their children to playgrounds and parks - but here's 5 good reasons why you should let them go and play.
Happy Memorial Weekend everyone! :) We are on the road to visit family for a couple days. I've been thinking about kid activities lately, with summer quickly approaching and my pre-anxiety about keeping the kids entertained increasing on a daily basis. So I began creating a list of 'to dos' with them, and of course taking them to the park crossed my mind.
So why should you make it a priority to take your kids to the park as much as possible?
1. It's free. We quickly forget about parks with all of the other summer options, zoos, fairs, summer camps, etc. Those are all fine and dandy, but I guarantee you'll be forking out a lot more dough than some string cheeses and juice boxes for a playground adventure.
2. Your kids WANT to go. Every child I have met doesn't miss an opportunity to go. It great way for young children to learn ways to interact and socialize with other children and develop coordination skills. For older children it helps keep them physically active and stimulates creativity.
3. Hello Vitamin D.! I'm sure you've heard of all of the latest hype on it. Doctors are checking everyone's levels and recommending supplements because it seems as if we are all not getting enough. The best way to get some? Going outside into the world and enjoying the sun! Vitamin D. helps our bodies absorb calcium, so goodbye osteoporosis! Just make sure you slather up some
SPF on the kiddos.
4. Mommy time! Invite a friend and her children to go with you, the kids can all play and bonus you two can catch up! It will make park time fun for everyone, and its an even better experience if there is coffee involved! Even if your kids are young and you spend half of the time chasing them around or pushing them on the swings, it will still be a bonding experience for everyone!
5. It will help elevate your mood. When we are outside in the sun our bodies increase serotonin levels, these hormones work alongside with Melatonin and help elevate our moods. Ever heard of the winter blues? Seasonal Affective Disorder? (S.A.D.- ironic name, I know) Well there really truly is a link between the two. I don't know about you, but going outside to play seems to really have way more advantages than disadvantages!
So, as you are thinking about your summer plans, don't forget about the little things! Believe me, it will make everyone smile!