I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post about Macy’s. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.
Last weekend Anika and I had the pleasure of attending a Spring Fashion event at Macy's and Lawrence Zarian was the fabulous host! Refreshments and small bites were served as we all watched a fun little fashion show while learning some of the top trends for the season. I thought I would share with you 5 of the top trends that are super hot right now!
1. Statement Piece Necklaces - Throughout the show there was one thing that stood out among many of the outfits: a large statement piece necklace. Big, chunky bright necklaces were paired with outfits to give it a little extra pop.
2. Jean Jackets - Jean jackets are nothing new in the fashion world, but this year they are as popular as ever, and go great with maxi dresses! This year there jean jacket is a becoming a little bolder and stepping out in a variety of colors in addition to the standard blue jean. Also, leather jackets are in too, but not just in the black-biker-babe style. Creams and colored jackets are being seen, and paired with lace blouses to give the classic edgy look a little more femininity.
3. Jumpers - To be honest, I've never worn a jumper in my adult life. With that being said, I think they look very cute and more than just a little comfortable, so I may just have to buy one! Jumpers are still in this year and when paired with the right belt and necklace can be worn for many various occasions.
4. Caged Sandals - (Photo above) Caged sandals are in this year, AND flats are making a comeback (thank goodness!) The caged sandals gives outfits a whole new look, and the new statement shoe gives a new fierce element to spring styles.
5. Soft Pants and Sexy Skirts - I am in love with the idea of such comfortable clothes being fashionable! Soft pants and laid back trousers are in as well as skirts in a variety of prints and colors. Lawrence Zarian also shared some amazing dresses with the audience, with a beautiful flowing feeling that would flatter women of all body types.
Both Anika and I had a great time watching and learning more from Macy's and Lawrence Zarian. Anika was left in awe of this newly discovered fashion world and was even able to step on the runway and take a photograph with Lawrence Zarian himself. Until last year I didn't even know that Macy's held amazing and free events like this! I would definitely keep a look out in your area for Macy's events in the future!