Melissa Kaylene: How We Tea Party
Image Map

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How We Tea Party

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
#TrendTea #shop #cbias

Growing up, my sister and I would always have these amazing tea parties at our best friends' house. Our best two best friends just happened to be sisters as well, and came from a large family. It was at their house where we did so many things - explored the country from their backyard, created forts, experimented with homemade face masks, put on musicals, and got dressed up for tea parties. 

#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias

These tea parties wouldn't be anything fancy, but their mom always had boxes of costumes and jewelry that we could dig through, and their mom always made us #trendtea (like Bigelow Tea) and snacks. We tried cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, jam and cream cheese sandwiches, and whatever else she would fix.

#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias

I don't think I ever grew out of tea parties, but now we do it my way. Donuts and cream puffs, cheese and meat, fruits or veggies - all laid out for snacking. The kids giggle and talk while we do silly photo shoots and bravely "taste" plain Bigelow tea without any cream or sweetener. (Bigelow tea can be found at one of my favorite stores - Target, in the tea isle.)

#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias

Even Noah gets excited for tea parties because he knows there will always be tasty treats for him! Life is too short not to celebrate, and little things like silly afternoon tea parties will make that one day more memorable.

The kids would never remember that moment if it had just been spent watching a cartoon or playing a video game. They will however remember that gigantic stack of donuts piled high, and the anticipation that led up to tasting them.

#TrendTea #shop #cbias

They'll remember the silly pictures they begged me to take and 'mom' hurrying back over after setting the camera timer. They'll remember the painting sessions we sometimes have afterwards, where they get to throw glitter like it was pixie dust.

#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias

You see, the tea party is just an excuse to spend time together. I know these moments when they are young and eager to hang out with me will not last forever. These afternoons spent aren't just for them, but for me as well. These are my memories.

#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias
#TrendTea #shop #cbias

 I dare you, have a tea party. There aren't any rules - create it your way.

You'll be glad you did.

Thank you #CollectiveBias for giving me the opportunity to share our moments with you!
~Melissa

Visit Bigelow Tea on:    Website     //      Facebook     //     Twitter  

7 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I love the little tissue paper banners, too!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tea party looks like so much fun! I love all the little details and the special memories you created with your children. My five year old daughter would love a pink and gold tea party in our backyard too! #client

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You all look so adorable. I love that everyone is wearing shades of blue. This looks so fun! I would love to do this with my kids one day! Thanks for sharing this post with us at Countdown in Style, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of tea party! You're a happy family and your kids are adorable! You're right, sooner or later, our kids will grow up fast and may not spend more time with us anymore so making time for them while they're young is also important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. I've never been to a tea party. Now that I have two girls, I'm sure there are many in my future! Thanks for sharing with Countdown in Style!

    ReplyDelete