Melissa Kaylene: Dinner idea! BBQ chicken pizza!
Image Map

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dinner idea! BBQ chicken pizza!

I love pizza. But I have to admit, the same sauce and toppings can get a little boring sometimes. So, what better way than to whip up my own version of BBQ chicken pizza...its super easy and you can add whatever toppings you want on it!

What you'll need:
BBQ Chicken Pizza
                                                                       Pizza dough
Your favorite BBQ sauce
3 slices of bacon - cooked and crumbled
6 oz cooked chicken breast
1/3 cup fresh or canned pineapple
1 small onion
1 1/2 (approx.) cups feta cheese
1 green onion
One Glass of your favorite wine!

Preheat oven to 425


I made it even easier tonight by using Tyson ready grilled chicken breasts. Normally I'll just cook my own, but snagged a couple bags of these on sale. I also use pre-made dough, it saves so much time! Safeway has pizza dough fresh, and its only 1.50. They have original, whole wheat, and a herb dough. This time I chose the whole wheat.

So, all I did was cook up the bacon, sliced up the onion and sauteed it.


I happened to have some leftover fresh pineapple, so I diced up about 1/3 a cup, and then sliced a couple green onions I had for color.

I spooned on the BBQ sauce on the dough, and then spread it around until it looked sufficient :)


  Then I sprinkled all but about 1/2 cup of the feta cheese, then layered all of my toppings on! Then into the oven for 12-15 minutes, and there you have it! Quick and easy BBQ chicken pizza, and of course, you can change and add whatever toppings you want/have available!
 

 
 

 Now, sit back and enjoy your pizza with your favorite beverage!

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That really looks great, and the way you photographed and documented it, was purely professional! I hope you find a way to earn a few dollars off this blog some how. This blog is so good, I'm going to try to find a way to spread it around if I can! Good job!

    ReplyDelete