Melissa Kaylene: the best medicine.
Image Map

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

the best medicine.


They say laughter is the best medicine. I agree. But I also believe there is one thing that should be right up there with giggles.

Listening.

Working in the health care field I often am working with people who are enduring rough times of their life. Many of them are stressed out, painful, and appear sad and frustrated.

What I've found through the years is that sometimes, slowing down and taking an extra five minutes to listen to them makes a world of difference.

Not just talking about their physical problems, but about them. Their life. Their stories. Allowing them to think of other thoughts, other times, other people.

Its wonderful to see people open up and share. It distracts them from other things.
In some cases I believe it helps just as much as a narcotic would.

And you know what? Listening is therapy for me too.

It really is the best medicine.

I've got some exciting things going on behind the scenes for Willamette Valley Wonder Woman. I'm excited to share it with you in the near future!

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment