Melissa Kaylene: Why a Summer Bucket List is So Important.
Image Map

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Why a Summer Bucket List is So Important.

bucket list
Our Summer Bucket List


So, to start out I'll confess - I love writing lists. I feel so much more organized and accomplished when I have my list to go by and can cross off the things I've done, one by one. In fact, half of the time when I actually write the list down before I go to bed at night, I don't even need to look at it in the morning. The day runs so much smoother and I can actually fit more tasks into one day that way.

So, why should a Summer Bucket list be any different? Its a great excuse for everyone to sit down as a family, and storm up ideas of things you want to experience together before summer draws to an end. The kids get almost as excited as me when we cross something off the list, and so far we have crossed 5 big (four on the photo) things off of ours.

We have our list out for all to see this year, and I know at the end of summer (we usually have a big BBQ) we can all reflect on our list and talk about the things we did.

So what are you waiting for? Have you started your list yet? Comment and share one of the things you are most excited to cross off this summer!
~Melissa

14 comments:

  1. Hey! Found your blog through Wildcard W. I really love it :)
    I also have a compulsive list making problem. I make them for EVERYTHING.
    So, naturally I have one for this summer. I'm excited to finally visit Block Island. We talk about going every year and have never been! And the ferry is literally in my backyard.
    New Follower :)
    I'd love if you'd check mine out too if you have time!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make lists, too, but I haven't thought about using the chalkboard in my kitchen. First thing tomorrow, the list goes up! Jill at Blue Plate Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making lists too, but I've never thought about using my lists for fun. I like the idea of making lists for what I WANT to do and not just for what I HAVE to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this idea floating around a lot lately and keep thinking what a neat idea. May the blogging world is trying to tell me something?! lol I do like my lists.

    Found you via the Harvest weekend blog hop, feel free to check me out at feliciasreddoorlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lists are THE best...totally agree with you on organization!

    Found ya via Casey's link up...glad I did, cause now I'm off to make a summer bucket list!

    .:Marta:.
    petiteraisin.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to make a good summer bucket list. We talk about things but they don't always get planned and time runs out. We need more organized plans so we get them all completed.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/ I am following you on Pinterest and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying g'day form the Natasha in Oz hop. I love the list and was thinking about how many similar things are on mine. New follower http://georgielee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping by from The Weekly Creative to say, "hi!" I love this idea! It is so nice to do this as a family to give the kids something to look forward to. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI I found this post thru the link up. I love your list. I have one for our family on my phone

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this list. Very creative. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi writing my novel is up there for me. Helping my daughter get ready for fifth grade is another one. We are going to create a board game together of fifth grade trivia. We also want to vacation in Charlotte, NC. I enjoyed reading your blog today. Found you via the Sincerely Paula hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love lists too but I think I spend more time making lists than I actually do finishing the items on my list. :) I created a bucket list at the beginning of the year and one thing I wanted was to go on a mission trip with my family. I have older teens that will soon spread their wings and fly from our nest so I've felt a little bit like time was running out. I was thinking something in the US- like disaster relief efforts or something but our church announced they would take a team to Honduras. I was so excited! We leave in less than two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great idea - so much more fun than the usual to do's. Also would help keep me focused on having more fun & making more memories. Thanks for the fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list, I love it. Sounds like tons of fun. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete