Melissa Kaylene: 9 Creative Crafts
Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

9 Creative Crafts

Hello! I hope every one's week is going well. This week and next week I've got extra hours at work, so things have been slacking a little bit on the home front. SO last Saturday was this little blogs one year anniversary! I can't believe its been a year since I wrote this tiny little post! Thanks to everyone along the way who has encouraged me to, well, to be me. I appreciate all of the kind words.
 
I thought since this is my one year anniversary I would highlight my favorite craft projects throughout the year. I adore creating things, I think its the only time I can free my mind.


 
In April I showed off my creative gift wrap  and  cork napkin holder project (which by the way  I still use to this day!)



wine cork napkind holder

In May the girls and I made some fun little Paper Plate Masks and I showed how I spruced up some old jars to make tea light candle holders.

craft ideas with paper plates

candle craft idea
 
In June I bragged up my adorable painted flower pots the girls made for me.
 
 
In August, I got really fancy and made this princess polka dot birthday banner for Anika's big party, and SHE painted this bean bag board as well.
 
 
 
In September we had our Backyard Blue Moon party and I created some simple tablecloths to match the casual feel to the party.
 


And in October I showed off my little trick or treat bags for all the little goblins around town. :)



And there is 9 creative things I made over the course of my first 6 months. Watch out...I may just be highlighting all of my delicious desserts in a future post.... ;)

 
~Melissa

18 comments:

  1. I love this ... and I now have some fresh ideas as to stuff I can do with my daughter over the summer :-) Thank you!

    I found you from the Wednesday Chronicles and I am now following you via GFC and Bloglovin'.

    Melanie
    My Imperfect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the bean bag toss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely wish I was a bit more crafty. Or managed my time better. That's more of the reason I don't craft-I end up with a pile of half done projects.

    I loved the candle holders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a group of fun, yet different, ideas. Love the creative wrapping--a fun package to get. I have a candle "thing" so really need to make the tea light holders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a bunch of fun things, they are all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the banner and the flower pots!!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection! We appreciate you taking the time to link up, make sure to check back on Friday when we feature out favorites.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your creative gift wrap!!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the poka dot banner and congrats on your bloggy anniversary! Love the round up :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders! Hope you're enjoying your week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all great but my favourites are the tea light holders and the flower pots. I stopped by from Sugar Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. I love the custom wrapping paper. Very clever!

      Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week. I hope you'll join us again!

      Kathy Shea Mormino
      The Chicken Chick
      http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for coming to Thriving on Thursdays last week and linking up. Hope to see you again some time.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous collection of projects you shared. I love how you made your backyard BBQ a little more special with pretty tables.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! I love all of the ideas!

    Thank you for linking this recipe to the In and Out of Kitchen Link party! I can't wait to see what you bring to the party next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful round-up!! Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these! I am always looking for new & fun craft ideas that I can do with my daughter! Visiting via The Mommy Blog Hop! Jordana @ Lovely Miss Turner

    ReplyDelete